PR & Comms Executive
Harnessing the pioneering spirit of Sir Richard Branson and the Virgin group, and the DS brand’s spirit of avant garde, DS Virgin Racing Formula E Team exists to POWER INNOVATION in order to positively impact on peoples’ lives. We’re Virgin group’s latest pioneering technology project, and are at the forefront of electric vehicle technology development within Formula E.
As the world’s first global electric vehicle championship, FIA Formula E is a truly groundbreaking endeavor. Not only does it push the boundaries of automotive technology, in ways that are directly relevant to the man on the street, but it engages fans in ways never before seen at the top levels of world sport, through music, social media and gaming.
We wish to appoint a dynamic and skilled PR & Communications Executive who can help ensure the team remains at the forefront of the sport from a PR & Communications perspective.
The team is seeking an upbeat, fun, talented and passionate individual to become its PR & Communications Executive. He/she will report to the PR & Communications Manager and to the Chief Marketing Officer and shall be responsible assisting the PR & Communications Manager on those elements of PR & Communications that the team chooses to handle ‘in-house’.
This role would suit a recent graduate with around 6 – 12 months experience agency or brand side. This experience is important, as a certain level of working/practical knowledge around PR & Communications is assumed, but it is equally important that we find someone with enthusiasm, personality and with a desire to take on the challenge and make a success of it, as they seek to build and accelerate their career within the PR & Communications industry.
This role will also involve a degree of personal assistant duties to the Chief Marketing Officer. The weighting between PR & Communications duties versus Personal Assistant duties will be approximately 80/20%, but this could change over time. The latter element will give the successful candidate the opportunity to be exposed to areas of our marketing function beyond pure PR & Communications itself, which from a personal development point of view might open up additional opportunities for the candidate within the team in the future.
Requirements for the position:
- Previous experience in PR & Communications within an agency, professional sporting series or team.
- High level of creativity and idea generation around PR & Communications programmes, particularly in relation to content generation
- Strategic thought capability particularly in relation to messaging both from an internal team perspective, and externally
- Very good attention to detail
- Excellent written communications skills (English as a first language)
- Skilled and passionate about social media and with some experience of growing channels
- Positive and proactive attitude towards delivering value to media and team partners
- A warm, engaging personality and customer focussed approach
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Motorsport experience preferable but not essential
- Assist in managing team social media platforms including preparation of content calendars
- Assist in managing team website
- Elements of Press Officer duties at all races and tests
- Ideation around content creation and planning for social
- Elements of liaison with external agency on PR & Communications
- Elements of event management for PR & Communications dept. events such as media trips, press conferences, hosting media at team events