DS VIRGIN RACING CONTINUES STRONG FORM AT VALENCIA TEST
DS Virgin Racing continued its strong form during the second day of pre-season Formula E testing at Valencia’s Ricardo Tormo Circuit.
Focusing on gaining further mileage and valuable data from the DSV-03, both Sam Bird and Alex Lynn racked up almost 140 laps between them on the now modified circuit thanks to the overnight addition of a second chicane on the approach to the start/finish line.
As well as concentrating on race runs, both drivers were also able to put in quick laps with Bird’s earning him third spot overall with Lynn going eighth quickest in the afternoon session and P13 for the day – coincidentally setting the exact same time in both the morning and afternoon stints (1:22,990s).
The day once again proved stop/start with three red flags interrupting running with now just one day of testing remaining before the season opener in Hong Kong on 2/3 December.
Official Formula E pre-season testing continues on Thursday (5 October) from 09:00 CEST.
FIA Formula E Championship – Valencia pre-season testing – Day 2
Combined times (morning & afternoon)
1. Sebastien Buemi, Renault e.Dams, 1:21.890
2. Felix Rosenqvist, Mahindra Racing, 1:21.934
3. Sam Bird, DS Virgin Racing, 1:21.950
4. Oliver Turvey, NIO Formula E Team, 1:22.135
5. Nicolas Prost, Renault e.Dams, 1:22.173
6. Lucas Di Grassi, Audi Sport ABT Schaeffler, 1:22.215
7. Daniel Abt, Audi Sport ABT Schaeffler, 1:22.256
8. Jerome D’Ambrosio, Dragon Racing, 1:22.422
9. Mitch Evans, Panasonic Jaguar Racing, 1:22.455
10. Nelson Piquet Jr. Panasonic Jaguar Racing, 1:22.476
11. Jean Eric Vergne, TECHEETAH, 1:22.525
12. Luca Filippi, NIO Formula E Team, 1:22.649
13. Alex Lynn, DS Virgin Racing, 1:22.990
14. Nick Heidfeld, Mahindra Racing, 1:23.065
15. Tom Blomqvist, Andretti Formula E, 1:23.195
16. Andre Lotterer, TECHEETAH, 1:23.312
17. Alexander Sims, Andretti Formula E, 1:23.321
18. Neel Jani, Dragon Racing, 1:23.654
19. Edoardo Mortara, Venturi Formula E Team, 1:24.176
20. James Rossiter, Venturi Formula E Team, 1:25.439
21 Michael Benyahia, Venturi Formula E Team, 1:26.122