Punta del Este to replace São Paulo
Formula E confirms change in 2017/2018 calendar that will see Uruguay’s picturesque city replace the now postponed Brazil race
Formula E has now confirmed that Uruguay’s Punta del Este will replace the recently postponed São Paulo E-Prix, using the same March 17 race date.
The decision, approved during a FIA World Motor Sport Council meeting in Paris, was taken following political issues surrounding the Brazilian event and will be the third time Formula E has raced at the street circuit.
Situated on the picturesque Playa Brava Beach, the 2.79km course sees a return to Season Two’s track with 20 turns running the length of the seafront.
With Marrakesh, Santiago and Mexico City before then, DS Virgin Racing will be looking to continue their winning ways as they approach the second half of the season, following last weekend’s successful Hong Kong opener.
Click here to learn more about the Formula E calendar
2017/2018 FIA Formula E Championship Calendar (revised):
1. Hong Kong, China, December 2, 2017
2. Hong Kong, China, December 3, 2017
3. Marrakesh, Morocco, January 13, 2018
4. Santiago, Chile, February 3, 2018
5. Mexico City Mexico March 3, 2018
6. Punta del Este, Uruguay, March 17, 2018
7. Rome, Italy, April 14, 2018
8. Paris, France, April 28, 2018
9. Berlin, Germany, May 19, 2018
10. Zurich, Switzerland, June 10, 2018
11. New York City, USA, July 14, 2018
12. New York City, USA, July 15, 2018
13. Montreal, Canada, July 28, 2018
14. Montreal, Canada July 29, 2018