- Controllers and Processors of Personal Information
- Collection of Personal Information
- Use of Personal Information
- Direct Marketing
- Do we share your information with third parties?
- How secure is my personal information?
- Your rights in relation to your personal data
- Other Websites
- Contact Us
a. Controllers and Processors of Personal Information
Any personal information provided to or gathered by www.ds-virginracing.com is controlled by Virgin Racing Limited.
b. Collection of Personal Information
You may wish to visit and browse our website without revealing any personal information. You may also wish to register with us (and possibly make a purchase from our site). If you do so then you hereby consent to providing us with personal information which will be transferred and stored on our servers in the United Kingdom. We use your personal information to improve our customer service including assisting us in personalizing your experience and we use the information to process your order, pack and deliver your products and services and update and record your account details. We also use your information for security purposes to detect and prevent fraud and enable third party service providers to maintain our website.
When you visit our website and interact with our applications, tools and services we automatically gather information on you sent by your IT access device, including desktop computer or mobile.
The types of information we collect, store and process include the following:
- Information you provide to us: this will include information provided when registering with us (*or making a purchase) including email addresses, phone numbers (mobile and landline), address and in some cases financial information including credit cards and bank account details
- Automatic collection: this will occur when completing forms or boxes on the site including subscription. When you have registered our systems will also collect device ID, device type, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic, referral URL, advertisement data, IP addresses and standard web log information
- Mobile sources: we may receive information from your mobile device including your location and mobile device unique identity. We may use this information to provide location-based services. Most devices will allow you to disable the location service
- Written communications: email and other forms of written communication including comments and complaints
- Third Party Sites: we may offer services that allow you to share (and provide) information with us such as third party social media websites including twitter, Facebook and Google Plus.
c. Use of Personal Information
Our purpose in collecting personal information includes the following:
- to provide you with information on our goods and services
- to provide you with the best possible customer service
- to provide you with a safe, efficient and customized service
- provide you with access to our site, content and services
- provide you with the goods and/or services you may request
- identify, detect, investigate and prevent fraud and other security breaches
- measure and improve our customer experience
- contact you via email and/or telephone to resolve complaints and/or disputes
- contact you via email and/or telephone to collect fees and for other purposes permitted by law
- contact you where requested to update you about changes to our services and to inform you about various marketing and promotional offers based on your communication preferences and as permitted by law
- contact you via text message (SMS) or pre-recorded message as authorized by you and as permitted by law
- personalize, measure and improve our marketing based upon your customization preferences
d. Direct Marketing
When you register with our site [and/or your purchase a product or service from our site] you may be offered the opportunity to opt-in to receive targeted marketing communications, news, updates, promotional offers and other marketing communications customized to your user preferences for our company as well as selected third parties.
Where expressly authorized we may also use your personal information to:
- permit selected third parties to use your data to provide you with information about third party goods and/or services which may be of interest to you based upon your customization preferences
- inform you about specific applications, tools and services from our website or related company websites
- deliver targeted marketing messages and promotional offers
- personalize, measure and improve our advertising
e. Do we share your information with third parties?
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- which may be affiliated or related businesses of our company involved in the provision of our products and/or services. You will be able to ascertain when a third party is involved in your transaction
- third party service providers performing tasks and functions on our behalf. Examples of such use include (but are not limited to) packing and fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, analyzing data, marketing assistance, search functions and processing payment services
- providing promotional offers on our behalf provided we have your written agreement to do so. If you wish to withdraw such consent then please unsubscribe
- involving buying and selling businesses and assets. We might also buy and sell physical and online assets in which case the buyer or seller may request and require disclosure of your personal data
- in order to comply with our legal obligations and/or under our website terms and conditions
- with your consent
- to protect the rights, property and/or safety of our website and our company
f. How secure is my personal information?
We use a number of security measures to protect your personal information including:
- Transmission by using secure software which encrypts information you input
- We reveal only the last 4 digits of your credit card when we confirm an order placed on our site (please note our online payment processor will have access to all your financial information)
- Remember to close your browser when you have completed each session particularly if it is a shared computer
Please be aware and note that the internet is not a completely secure environment and the security of your data transmitted to our site cannot be guaranteed. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received the personal information we will use our security measures to protect your data to the best of our ability.
g. Your rights in relation to your personal data
We will do our best to keep you personal information accurate and up to date. You may request in writing a copy of all the personal information we hold on our servers. There is a small charge for such service – for details please email email@example.com
You may wish to amend your personal information by accessing and updating your account by signing in at My Account. Please remember to keep your user name and password safe and confidential. We will comply with any and all statutory obligations to erase or modify your personal information as notified.
If you have any issues about your privacy or the security of your personal information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and will try to address your concerns.
You also retain the right to request that we do not use your personal information for direct marketing purposes. Please contact us at email@example.com
h. Other Websites
It may be possible to link to other websites through our site. If you hyperlink to another website please note that we are not responsible for any of those sites which should be subject to their own privacy policies and terms and conditions of use. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for your use of these sites or the content thereof.
i. Contact Us
Address: Virgin Racing Limited
179 Harrow Road